Senior Electrical Engineer (Long Marston)
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Senior Electrical Engineer for an innovative rail organisation based in Long Marston.
We are working with the leading manufacturer of trains who are producing an industry first generation of rolling stock. We have an opportunity for a Senior Electrical engineer to become the main technical interface on this exciting project and step into driving seat to steer this project.
You will manage the project throughout its entire life-cycle interacting with various stakeholders such as the engineers, suppliers and the customer.
Role and Responsibilities
- Take lead on all electrical design matters
- Approve the design work of the electrical engineers in your team
- Drive the project forward and provide technical expertise to the company
- Be a problem solver and provide solutions to technical issues
To succeed in this role, you will need to be an experienced Electrical Engineer with over 8-years’ experience in a high integrity engineering environment. You will have an objective, resourceful mindset with the willingness to learn and develop your existing skills.
- A minimum of 8-years’ experience in a Systems Engineering role, in a high integrity engineering environment (such as Aerospace, Automotive, Oil & Gas or Rail)
- Strong experience with Traction and power systems
- Knowledge of electrical design codes
- Excellent communication skills
- A demonstrable track record of managing engineering projects from design to implementation
- Rail experience
- Chartered Engineer status
- Experience working across different functions
- Team leader experience – Ability to manage a team
- Knowledge of railway standards
Likely Job Titles
Electrical Systems engineer, Software Engineer, Electronic engineer, Electrical Engineer
- Long Marston