Senior Engineering Manager
£60,000 - £65,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are working with a business that are at the forefront of the digitalisation of the rail sector. Their flagship project is delivering traffic management solutions to the industry and they require a Contractors Engineering Manager who will be the glue to hold the current ongoing projects together.
The TMS project is in full flow and the workload is growing, they require someone to oversee the engineering processes within the project and identify risk and issues, without this person their department is stretched, they need a hero!
I am looking for someone who is used to clients changing their minds, an ability to be adaptable and come up with solutions to engineering issues on the project. You will need to be comfortable with being an interface between not only various engineering functions across the company but also be the connection between our client and their customers.
- To take on the CEM responsibilities for designated discipline(s) within assigned projects
- Deliver the Engineering work on the programme as defined by the Programme Plan
- Deliver a compliant engineering solution in accordance with the agreed requirements baseline
- Ensure change is managed in a timely manner across the system architecture and supply chain
- Provide inputs into the Engineering Manager for overall programme change
- Liaise with Test function to ensure appropriate build plan is delivered to and ensure that issues are driven through to resolution
- The CEM shall confirm that our client has a process in place to identify and brief changes to engineering standards and processes to the appropriate staff, sub-contract staff, and contractors.
- Where a potential non-compliance with standards is identified, the CEM shall review the evidence and, where considered justified, shall submit a variation or derogation application.
- The CEM shall be accountable for all design and or construction associated with the project; including how it will integrate with existing systems and with other projects, and its compliance with all applicable standards, legislation, and contract requirements and specifications.
Qualifications & Experience
- Chartered Engineer in an Engineering Discipline (CEng)
- A strong background in a technical engineering environment or discipline.
- Performed the role of Contractors Engineering Manager in the past.
- Experience of configuration management and change management
- A strong background of being client facing.
- Understanding and awareness of Project Management processes within an engineering environment.
Possible job titles
Engineering Manager, Project Engineering Manager, Contractors Engineering Manager, Programme Manager
Closing Date: 27th July 2018
- £45,000 +