Senior IT Technician (Sandiacre)
£27,000 per annum
Are you an IT Support Professional? And enjoying being in front of customers? Looking to join a company that is passionate about upskilling their employees?
Ford & Stanley – The digital specialists are looking for a Senior IT Technician to join their client’s team in Sandiacre.
My Client is looking to appoint an innovative and well qualified person to join the Technical & Operations team.
Reporting to the Technical Director, they will be responsible for providing IT support to end users and implementation support on IT projects together with assistance, training and professional development.
This role is predominantly field-based; the majority of your time will be spent on customer sites across the UK delivering IT services direct to my client’s customers. All applicants must hold a valid UK driving license and have their own car which they will use for business use, business mileage will be reimbursed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- On occasion, co-ordinate the helpdesk (service desk); call recording, prioritising requests, monitoring outcomes; identifying recurring issues and raising repeat problems for root cause analysis.
- Provide telephone or floor-walking support to customers and to act as a point of escalation for all IT tickets.
- Design and produce regular reports on key areas such as service performance and equipment damage, together with documentation including service processes and FAQs.
- Help ensure the daily operation of various customer systems and infrastructure. Ensure daily server checks are carried out, logging and where possible resolving any issues identified including hardware and software faults, AV updates, Windows updates, backups etc.
- Assist in the design and implementation of infrastructure replacements, improvement and / or new IT projects.
- Support in developing, implementing and monitoring IT maintenance systems for IT infrastructure ensuring that upgrades, updates and repairs are carried out with minimal disruption and that the availability, continuity and security of data and IT services is maintained.
- To assist in the creation and upkeep of customer and IT documentation and change management systems and processes.
- Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent in an appropriate IT discipline
- Experience in the support and maintenance, including issue resolution, of end user devices, audio visual solutions, network printing, server / user authentication, backup & restore protocols, internet, email, anti-virus, web-filtering, network switching, wireless, firewalls and telephony
- Configuration, maintenance and support of Microsoft Windows Sever 2012/16 and Exchange 2007 or above, and latest Microsoft desktop technologies
- Proven ability to recover / repair Windows servers & workstations including full disaster recovery experience
- Experience in Helpdesk delivery and customer service management
- Experience in cloud technologies and hybrid on premise/ cloud architecture such as office 365 and
- Experience with large IT systems across multiple sites
- Have an appropriate knowledge of current IT & Data Protection legislation
Likely Job Titles
2nd line Support, Server Engineer, Server Administrator, Field Engineer
- £25,000 - £35,000