Senior Manager (Derby)
£70,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts have the pleasure of supporting our client - an established ROSCO with a strong reputation in the UK rail industry to recruit for a senior professional within the fleet team.
The traditional landscape of the rail leasing sector is shifting, with the relatively new concept of manufacturers delivering major TSA agreements for customers essentially bringing in very strong competition in a saturated market.
Our client is looking to respond in a positive way and challenge the current market perspective of services a ROSCO offers.
One of the ways they are doing this is to recruit a senior manager – service development, whose objective it is to develop innovative service delivery solutions. This will bring together customers and suppliers to increase the value added to all parties and ensure that the market recognises that our client is a business that values their relationships with its customers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop customer fleet support services partnerships, that deliver value to customers, whilst also generating value for the company
- Provide oversight for all support services partnership development initiatives and support each individual customer support services trial or pilot
- Support the development of supply chain partnerships to deliver targeted aspects of the company’s fleet service or support
- Work closely with selected suppliers to develop collaborative partnerships against defined requirements or needs
- Provide oversight of the company’s fleet technical strategy for each fleet genre
- Provide oversight of maintenance optimisation work streams across the company’s fleet base
- Support the LCC review and update process, including LCC optimisation work streams
- Working closely with the other business areas and apply a governance approach across all the company’s fleets.
- Produce regular reports detailing the development of fleet support services. Identify areas where additional management support is necessary to resolve outstanding issues
Ideally, you will be a Chartered Engineer with a commercial and creative acumen who can develop a fleet services strategy that ultimately gets customers to recognise our client offer greater value than the competition. Our client wants to be seen as a one stop shop for all maintenance activities for existing fleet, developing beyond the simple dry lease mentality.
On top of experience, it is recognised that personal attributes will be a key factor in the ultimate success of the position. Influencing, understanding customer concerns and being able to pull together collaborative stakeholders are going to be essential traits of the successful individual.
- Chartered Membership of Engineering Institution
- Degree, HNC or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical or Systems Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of railway industry rolling stock
- Knowledge of contractual obligations and operating lease agreements
- Ability to understand and comment upon engineering instructions and drawings
- Knowledge and understanding of vehicle maintenance and overhaul requirements
Likely Job Titles
Principal Engineer, Senior Engineer
- £45,000 +