Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Buckinghamshire)
£200 - £275 per day
Are you a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim are working with one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries, providing variety, ongoing professional relationships and engineering challenges.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6-month contract working in the Aerospace sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12-month period but should extend beyond that.
Key responsibilities include
- Support the design engineering activities on research and technology projects from concept stage through development and qualification test and into technology readiness
- Production of Design Schemes, including CAD models, assemblies and 2D drawings for concept and detail designs of electrical machines
- Carry out design calculations such as interference fits, thermal growths, hoop and tensile stresses, thread loadings and tolerance analysis to support concept and detail designs
- Work closely with other project team members such as manufacturing, sourcing and configuration with respect to new designs or design changes
- Operate in accordance with PIP (Product Introduction Process) and lead the gateway reviews. Provide PIP process guidance to junior designers
- Production of design assurance documentation (ERN’s and Design Reports)
- Production and maintenance of parts list as defined by latest CAD assemblies
- Monitor project process and ensure compliance
- Hold design reviews
- Support the Lead Engineer to ensure the technical integrity of the product
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Hons / Distinction). Masters preferable. Hands-on experienced also considered.
- Previous experience in Aerospace Industry (rotating componentry, eg Gearboxes, Turbines, Actuation etc)
- Detailed understanding of Electrical Machines (Generators / Motors)
- Experienced user of 3D CAD Packages (ideally Siemens NX)
- Experienced in creating and checking drawings
- Good understanding of ANSYS packages (or similar)
- Good understanding of MS Project (or similar)