Senior Mechanical Engineer - Building Services, Rail (London)
£35 - £40 per hour
Ford and Stanley Interim – The Recruitment Experts are recruiting on behalf of an expanding UK based Consultancy within their Building Services Rail department
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a design consultancy which has been recently acquired by a high-profile construction company and is growing rapidly, successfully winning several key projects in the UK.
The ideal candidate have experience working for Network Rail in a Senior level Mechanical role, you will also have knowledge of Railway Group and Network Rail standards and GRIP stages. CRE status is highly desirable.
Role & responsibilities
- Lead the delivery of Mechanical Building services scope of work across several projects, predominantly in the rail sector, as part of a single or multi discipline design team
- Carry out any or all stages of Mechanical Building Services design such as HVAC & Public Health from concept to completion as required by the project
- Lead the preparation of enquires for potential major projects, including generation of man-hours estimates
- Lead a multi-disciplinary design team where required
- Report on project technical and financial performance to Director
- Assure the quality of design by junior team members and mentor when required
- Experience of working for Network Rail, and railway clients is preferred
- Knowledge of Railway Group and Network Rail standards and the Network Rail GRIP process is preferred
- Acceptance by Network Rail as a Contractor’s Responsible Engineer (CRE) for the Mechanical discipline on previous projects is preferred
- Knowledge of proprietary Mechanical Building Services systems for the Rail environment, particularly lineside and depot equipment