Senior Mechanical Engineer (Edinburgh)
Ford & Stanley Interim – The Recruitment Experts are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work in the Aerospace/Defense sector for one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the customer in the design and development of radar and electro-optic products under the guidance of the mechanical team leaders
- Utilise state-of-the-art methods, technology and tools to explore all aspects of the development lifecycle- including stress and thermal analysis, requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, build and product support
- Interface with customers (both internal and external) on many factors within the design and liaise closely with Engineers from other disciplines, particularly Systems and Electronics
- Perform 'hands on' mechanical design and development using 3D CAD software, including 'first-pass' structural analysis to determine if a design is fit for purpose
- Deliver design solutions against requirements, within budget and timescales
- Provide technical direction/support on critical business programmes to ensure delivery of mechanical engineering excellence
- Provide key support to critical technical problem investigations and deliver effective solutions
- Support and facilitate reviews and sign off release of mechanical designs in accordance with business and industry standards
The ideal candidate will be a degree qualified/time served engineer with a mechanically biased design background within Aerospace/Defense of 6 years+. You will have excellent problem-solving skills and a logical approach to investigating issues in an effective manner.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar position
- Mechanical engineering degree/equivalent, or time served experience
- UK/EU Citizenship
- Security Cleared or happy to complete the process
- Mechanical engineering detailed design background - first-hand experience of engineering design, numerical calculations, tolerance studies, etc
- CREO, ANSYS Workbench, ANSYS classic experience
- Experience within Aerospace/Defense would be highly advantageous
- Current Security Clearance
- Design and development experience of radar and electro-optic products would be highly desirable
Please note: UK/ EU citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance. We are unable to accept candidates who have Dual nationality/citizenship on this occasion
Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage- without this security clearance would need to be obtained which would delay your start