Senior Performance Engineer (Manchester)
£450 - £600 per day
Are you an experienced Engineer who has worked on reliability and performance of new trains within the UK? Are you comfortable liaising with customers in a fast-paced environment and leading large teams of engineers and technicians on depot?
Ford & Stanley, the Rail recruitment specialists are delighted to be working with a tope train manufacturers maintenance business who require the support of a Senior Performance Engineer to ensure the smooth introduction and reduced faults of several new fleets into the North of England.
Manchester, Liverpool or Leeds. There will be travel between all depots.
9- 12 month contract
Role & Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for developing relationships with the Train Operating Company, ensuring a partnership approach to reducing faults/ incidents and ensuring that the maintenance plans are optimized to ensure best performance.
- Responsible for ensuring that the requirements of the warranty procedures are implemented and understood by all staff, contractors and maintainers on- site.
- Monitor and report on the fleet and materials performance and suggest methods to improve its reliability.
- Daily review of in service failures.
- Daily review of defective material to establish the root cause.
- Manage Product Safety related and repeated incidents and repeat defects.
- Lead the on-site Technician teams (40 heads) and agree work priorities with the team leader.
- Manage the on-call roster
- Attend and present in technical meetings with the customer.
- Identification of modifications to improve fleet reliability
- Preparation of engineering change process including the cost benefit analysis.
The successful candidate will come from a technical engineering background ideally within maintenance, reliability and performance improvement. You will have experience of Rolling Stock and be comfortable in a customer facing role.
- Experience of fleet introduction and maintenance with a specific focus on system Reliability and performance.
- Experience of working within Rail industry legal framework – including group standards and ROGS
- Knowledge of Rolling stock – specifically knowledge of operating principles of modern EMUs
- Experience working in a fast-paced client facing role
- Ability to lead and manage a large team across a number of sites.