Senior Project Engineer (Birmingham)
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an experienced Project Engineer that is ready to manage all elements of an exclusive rail design team, for a market leading infrastructure consultancy.
There is an opportunity to work in a truly unique environment where you will have a voice and autonomy over the projects you work on and how you complete the tasks. My client has a small but certainly mighty engineering team that have wealth of knowledge in the delivery of fantastic, large-scale railway projects. They will be committed to help you grow as an individual and develop your skills in civil engineering.
Role and Responsibilities
- Comfortable with delivering complex feasibility studies.
- Able to manage multi-disciplinary aspects of engineering.
- Have an active contribution to the continuous improvement of the team’s design guides and practices, looking to raise issues where identified and adopting appropriate developments in practices.
- Provide impartial input to design projects as an independent checker, helping to ensure a consistent and high level of quality across all the work that we delivery.
- Delivery of high quality engineering design work for allocated design packages, within defined timescales and to the required quality.
The ideal candidate will have an interest within the rail industry, ready and willing to take on new challenges. As a driver for high standards and organisational accomplishment, you will work tenaciously to meet and exceed expectations, ensuring customer satisfaction is at the forefront of your objectives.
- Will have a degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent desirable; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience supporting projects and/or design teams.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
- Previously worked on rail projects on behalf of a consultancy.
- A degree within an engineering discipline would be preferred, however candidates demonstrating strong industry experience will be considered.
- Experience in a supervisory or man-management and the ability to make sound engineering decisions.
Friday 18th January 2019
Likely Job Titles
Project Engineer, Design Manager, Senior Engineer, Principal Engineer
- £45,000 +