Senior Project Engineer (Derby)
£55,000 per annum (D.O.E)
Are you a Rolling Stock Engineer looking for a fresh opportunity to work on some of rail’s most coveted projects?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting experienced engineers who can turn their hand at both design and project engineering for a leading rail consultancy based in Derby.
As a Project Manager for projects within your area of expertise you will be required to manage the delivery of your own work to the client and that of others within the team to timescale, cost and quality. You will be a technical focal point for engineering matters, this is an opportunity for you to develop your commercial acumen within a consultancy field.
Working with organisations across the rolling stock industry, you will also gain further exposure to different areas within rail alongside project diversity that will enhance your career to date.
Role and Responsibilities
- To bid, win and deliver projects.
- Work with clients to understand ultimate objectives and desired outcomes for each project.
- As part of a team, lead and deliver specific work packages to quality, time and budget.
- Manage projects and deliver work-streams, taking direction from the Project Director when required. Ensure that the work scope of work and time budgets are clear, monitored and managed, and that risks to delivering to quality, on time and within budget against acceptance criteria are anticipated and managed. Initiate timely and accurate invoicing so that invoicing targets are met. Ensure overall client satisfaction targets are met throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage and deliver proposals, identifying potential risks, devising the approach, specifying clear acceptance criteria, resourcing and costs.
- Take the commercial lead for projects and proposals
Ideally, you will have had experience within the rail industry in a project capacity. As a consultant you need to manage your workload and work with the client to achieve and manage tight project deadlines. The individual will need to demonstrate a strong knowledge within their field, as well as personable attributes to excel in a consultant field.
- Engineering Degree qualified, or equivalent industry experience.
- Chartered Engineer through a relevant engineering institution (IMechE/ IET) or working to achieve.
- Experience in providing consultancy and/or engineering design projects in the field of passenger or freight rolling stock.
- A working knowledge of relevant standards.
- Strong skills in Excel and other analytic packages.
- Good knowledge of UK rail industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with many audiences.
- A visible passion for the rail industry.
- Experience working for a recognised Rail consultancy.
- Has an excellent reputation within the Rail industry with many client contacts.
- Experience of leading and managing project teams.
- Flexibility to travel in the UK and short durations overseas if required.
Strong experience in several of the following:
- Braking Systems
- Bogies and running dynamics
- Doors systems
- Coupling systems
14th December 2018
Likely Job Titles
Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Project Engineer, Rolling Stock Engineer
- £45,000 +