Senior Project Engineer (Derby)
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Are you a Project Engineer looking to progress your career within the rail domain?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Senior Project Engineer for a reputable rail organisation based in the East Midlands to help lead their engineering team and act as a mentor and advocate for the business and junior team members.
Our client is renowned in specialising within railway maintenance equipment in the East Midlands, they provide expert engineering and innovative technology to the rail industry. An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Project Engineer to develop capabilities in leading a team of specialist engineers in interpreting customer specifications and the creation of cost estimates and schedules while providing all necessary support during the execution of projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate cross functionally across the business to identify and agree delivery priorities for the team.
- Develop training / development plans for the team
- Develop cost, schedule and technical risk information for projects
- Interface with Supply Chain and others as required to ensure cross communication to support delivery of projects
- Lead the engineering evaluation of customer specifications including technical drawings and proposals.
- Lead the development of required documentation, manuals, modification procedures and technical information.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and innovation workstreams to improve safety and quality and reduce cost and cycle time.
- Lead the delivery of all required vehicle and system approvals to allow timely completion of projects.
- Manage the delivery of test and commissioning to required schedule.
- Provide build support, snagging and mobilisation issues as required.
- Assure compliance of all projects with internal and customer standards.
The ideal will be a degree educated engineer with an experience of mechanical and electrical engineering within the rail sector. You will be integrated quickly within a close-knit engineering function so the ability to liaise with colleagues from shop floor through to director level is imperative to establish credibility and reputation.
This role is perfect for an individual who wants to excel their technical skills and leadership capability which will allow you to develop a rewarding career within a flourishing engineering team.
- BEng / MEng Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering or hands on experience (apprentice trained)
- 5+ years industry engineering experience ideally within rolling stock
- 3+ years rail rolling stock experience
Achieved or working towards Chartership
6th March 2020
Likely Job Titles
Mechanical Engineer, Fleet Engineer, Engineering Consultant, Technical Engineer
- £45,000 +