Senior Project Engineer/Project Engineer (Derby)
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum plus additional benefits
Ford & Stanley- The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Senior Project Engineer to work for one of the leading Rolling Stock consultancies in Europe.
Due to the continued expansion of the business and the recent wins of high profile projects, the organisation is expanding at a rapid rate.
Working within the projects team the successful candidate will be given the chance to be fully integrated into a team that works at the fore-front of rail engineering, giving them the chance to be involved and lead the full project lifecycle, with exposure to both the commercial and technical aspects of the project.
Our client works with a wide range of high profile customers within rail, so you will consistently be given the opportunity to work on industry leading projects and have a real contribution to this generation of rail.
Role and Responsibilities
- Reporting to Head of Projects on all technical aspects whilst contributing to the Project Engineering team by championing continuous improvement.
- Responsible for assisting with the identification of appropriate resources to ensure the delivery of work packages is achieved in a timely manner to the highest quality.
- Delivery of all technical aspects of major projects in accordance with the agreed project plan.
- Communicate both efficiently and effectively whilst championing a team work culture.
- Responsible to ensure a consistent approach to bidding and estimating is applied to achieve accurate and realistic project budgets.
- Lead design review meetings with customers both internally and externally.
- Monitor the delivery or work packages to ensure that the processes are being consistently applied within the company system.
- Contribute to the recruitment process and planning for the Project Engineering function.
The ideal candidate is a Degree qualified engineer with significant experience (5 years +) working in the field of Rolling Stock engineering or a transferable heavy engineering industry (such as Automotive, Aerospace etc.) with a high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of providing engineering solutions to multi-faceted integration design projects.
- Experience in producing quantified Risk Assessments.
- Produced and approved procurement specifications.
- A proven record of building relationships with both customers and suppliers.
- Produced accurate cost estimates and project proposals.
- Experienced in the technical review, approvals and final sign off all aspects of project documentation including modification procedures, technical design packs and risk assessments.
- You must be a self-motivated team player who is approachable, pro-active and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure.
- ETCS product knowledge (European Train Control System)
- Rolling Stock Engineering experience
- Experience with new build invitation to tender (ITT) Preparation and Response
- Experience in supporting the refranchising market
Friday 7th September
- £45,000 +