Senior Project Manager (Birmingham)
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum (negotiable)
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Specialists are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join a rapidly growing infrastructure consultancy. The successful candidate will have full autonomy over major rail projects from concept to completion.
The consultancy has already made its mark in the West-Midlands and now seek extremely driven members to take it to the next level and help it become a household name in the industry.
Role and Responsibilities
- Experience of Grip stages 1-8
- Plan, develop, monitor design, tender and supervise the implementation of projects to the agreed targets and clients satisfaction, delivering the projects to time, cost and quality
- Act as principal client contact on all aspects of the project. Develop and maintain effective client relationships, monitor client satisfaction levels and respond urgently to any client concerns
- Ensure progress is communicated regularly with Clients and that improvement plans are developed and implemented as necessary to benefit the Project.
- Manage and pro-actively mitigate risks and obstacles to contractual performance and total project delivery, including obtaining specialist 3rd party support where necessary
- To lead and direct the project team throughout the project life cycle
- Ensure regular effective communication with clients and within the project team
- Develop, complete and keep up to date Project plans for health, safety, quality and environment. Instigate and manage specific risk assessments as required by the company H&S Policy and specific project requirements
- Monitor work progress and compliance to specifications and standards and collate documentation and records
- Ensure project costs are regularly reviewed and invoices are raised on a regular basis
- Demonstrable experience of working in an established project management environment
- Proven experience in delivering projects to the desired outcomes and within quality, time and costs limits
- Preparation of project related documents e.g. reports, instructions, specifications, tenders etc.
- Project and budget management experience
- Broad experience of multi-disciplinary projects e.g.: new stations, footbridges, freight depots, car parks, feasibility studies, ideally in the Rail environment including a sound understanding of civil, structures and permanent way projects
- Rail experience
Friday 4th January 2019
Likely Job Titles
Project Manager, Project Leader, Programme Manager, Delivery Manager, Project Engineer
- £45,000 +