Senior Software Developer (London)
Are you a Senior Software Developer, with at least 8 years’ experience in C#/SQL, who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim are currently working with the company responsible for developing, delivering and promoting the most demanding and exciting transport project in Europe with an estimated project cost of £56 billion.
Once fully completed, around 345 miles of new high-speed track will connect the city centres of London, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds.
This role will involve ensuring that high quality technology solutions are designed and developed to meet user needs as part of the design of our client’s information services and that they are integrated as part of a digital ecosystem supporting development, construction and operation of the railway.
Assist the Systems Development Manager to define and manage the Development strategy, product roadmaps and development standards and guidelines.
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6-month contract working in the rail sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12-month period but should extend beyond that.
Key responsibilities include
- Provide technical assurance of and if necessary, assist the Solutions Architects in the design of technology solutions in IT delivery tracks to ensure new or changed services meet user needs and the needs of our technology and service strategies.
- Be part of the internal software development team and work with delivery teams, partners and suppliers to ensure that solutions being developed are robust, scalable, open and secure, with appropriate overall system design and integration points/APIs, to deliver a high quality user experience.
- Ensure delivery teams, development partners and suppliers comply with technology strategy, development guidelines and standards, including key technology principles and roadmaps.
- Ensure information technology solutions are integrated to form a digital ecosystem delivering a great user experience.
- Work as part of a team or independently to undertake development, testing and implementation of applications to meet specific project requirements.
- Provide and maintain technical documentation for software solutions created / modified or maintained by the development team.
- Lead the resolution of technology issues arising in delivery and operation of applications.
- Assist with building a culture of continuous delivery and improvement, ensuring that key systems are regularly analysed, maintained and improved.
- Understand and manage system quality with regards to simplicity, usability, availability, security and fraud avoidance.
- At least 8 years commercial experience of software development using Microsoft technologies.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrable ability to work as part of a development team.
- Experience of working directly with the business stakeholders to gather requirements.
- Keeping up to date with the latest advances/trends in technology.
- SQL, PL/SQL
- SQL Server 2008+
- SSIS / SSRS
- Visual Studio 2010+
Likely Job Titles
C# Software Developer, Web Developer, Developer, Senior Developer,