Senior Software Engineer (Trowbridge)
£45,000 per annum
Are you an experienced software engineer? With excellent knowledge and experience of either C/C++/C#? Looking to become a team leader within a software house that specialise in innovated software for the engineering sector? Working with some of the UK’s biggest engineering companies.
Ford & Stanley – The Digital Rail Specialists are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their client based in Trowbridge
The successful candidate will be responsible for working on innovated software projects mainly across the transportation sector. A senior Software engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Team leading
- Responsibility for Architecture and Major design decisions
- Direct Customer interaction
- Technical Authority/Technical Specialism
For this to happen the successful candidate will have:
- Aptitude for problem solving and the ability to quickly pick up new concepts/technologies.
- Experience of requirements analysis, software design, implementation and testing.
- Able to lead by example, correctly implementing standards and procedures without guidance, ensuring that other more junior engineers adhere to quality standards and approved working practices.
- Experience of team leading/project management.
- Strong technical skills in current and evolving languages and technologies and the ability to pass on knowledge to those working around them
- Good interpersonal skills, with some previous experience in a client-facing role.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical reports, specifications and user documentation
- 3+ years’ experience in programming in at least 2 of the following C, C++, C#
- Passionate about using Software to overcome client’s problems
- Experience of working in a customer focussed environment, and experience of requirement gathering
- Problem solving experience
- £45,000 +