Senior Systems Engineer (Luton)
£40 - £60 per annum
Are you an experienced Senior Systems Engineer, with at least 6 years within Avionics/Aerospace, who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim - are working with one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries, providing variety, ongoing professional relationships and engineering challenges.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6-month contract working in the rail sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12-month period but should extend beyond that.
As mentioned, we are currently looking for contract Systems Engineer from Senior through to Principal level for the following requirements:
ES Avionic System Concepts – Senior Engineer - 6+ years
- Proficiency in requirements definition, traceability, and evidence-based compliance using DOORS.
- Ability to define test and acceptance criteria and assess system design compliance against user and system requirements.
- An understanding of the key principles associated with RF signal propagation for passive sensors or active emitters.
- Undergraduate Engineering degree or related scientific discipline.
- Knowledge of passive and active RF sensor systems, including signal processing methods for detection, measurement and identification.
- Proficiency in mathematical modelling using MATLAB and Simulink
Systems Engineer EW System Concepts, Requirements & Design – Senior Engineer – 6+ years
- Supporting the definition, design and development of an advanced EW system to perform (i) passive and active surveillance, and (Ii) countermeasures to mitigate posed threats to the platform.
- Definition of requirements for the overall EW system and its subsystem elements.
- Perform systems functional analysis and refine architectures for receiver and transmitter systems.
- Develop design specifications suitable to inform and guide implementation teams.
- Use modelling to explore the design space and perform system analysis and trade-off studies.
- Produce technical reports of key findings and recommendations for delivery to customers & industry partners.
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
- A strong foundation in systems engineering principles and experience of early life-cycle system development.
- Experience in writing and interpreting requirements specifications and designing test procedures.
- Knowledge of EW technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use (particularly RF systems).
- Proficiency in the use of mathematical modelling tools such as MATLAB and Simulink.
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks (e.g. SysML) tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect / Rhapsody) and requirements management methods and tools (e.g. DOORS).
- UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance with UK eyes only
- Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage to start early
Senior Systems Engineer, EW Digital Engineer, ES and ECM Architecture Designer, Avionic Systems Engineer, Requirements Engineer, ECM Engineer