Senior Track Circuit Equipment Engineer (Plymouth)
£34 - £36 per hour
Ford & Stanley Interim – The Rail Recruitment Experts are seeking a Senior Track Circuit Equipment Engineer to join a leading global Manufacturing company that have been supporting their customers in the UK and Worldwide for over 60 years.
6 months +
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise (technical reviews, problem solving, design revisions, best practices) within the Track Circuit train detection function
- Provide technical expertise and solutions with computer modelling
- Support regional projects and bids with expert knowledge of application of the product to ensure best practice
- Support technical leadership with guidance to the product owner and customers
- Support product compliance in other aspects of verification and validation
- Development decisions to allow delivery on time to required quality
- Technical responsibility for accuracy of assumptions made from input data and quality of output design
To be successful in this role, you will have significant experience working in the Rail industry, carrying out technical roles with hands on software tools (computer simulation) on train circuits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering
- Significant experience in the railway industry
- Strong experience in simulation modelling of track circuits by means of specialised software and lab equipment: analysis of the existing track circuits, adaptation of the existing solutions to new requirements, new solutions development are desirable
- Experience of characterisation measurements of the track circuit components.
- General knowledge of the company’s products and solutions, experience of writing technical proposals for bids
- Ability to perform technical design activities under minimal supervision
- Advanced PC user with strong knowledge of software utilities: MS Office, Mathcad, AutoCAD, SPICE, PSPICE
- Skills such as knowledge of Primavera tool as a user (beneficial) and Financial knowledge, cash awareness represent an advantage