£65,000 per annum plus bonus, pension and holidays
Are you seeking an opportunity for growth and leadership for an organisation who inherently embody proactive change and innovative thinking?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Service Manager on behalf of a global rail manufacturer based in Glasgow.
Our client is seeking a leader to manage the Performance and Technical Support teams to ensure contract deliverables are met on time subject to cost and quality. As a natural communicator, part of your role is to develop and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally with key customers. This opportunity is deal for an individual who is keen to pursue a career in management within the rail industry.
Role and Responsibilities
- Participate in developing strategic short, medium and long-term goals for the contract
- Develop KPIs related to the contract deliverables to monitor and control the progress of the targets, driving business improvement
- Participate in regular reviews with customer representatives and demonstrate improved product performance and customer satisfaction by supporting them in their business objectives
- Be the first point of contact for the resolution of out of course events for the customer
- Ensure specific contractual and customer requirements are met, participating in internal contract reviews
- Interact with support functions and key suppliers to ensure on time delivery of material and services, participating in performance reviews when required
- Participate in establishing budgets, short- and long-range objectives. Responsible for monitoring progress and measuring success
- Produce and maintain evidence in an agreed format to demonstrate that the business has met the TSSSA contract deliverables
- Ensure the team clearly understands the contract deliverables to satisfy the customer and internal requirements
- Be responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of the performance regime, monitoring reliability and performance trends and developing improvement proposals
- Fully engage in our safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely
The ideal candidate will come from a rolling stock background and is familiar of working within a depot environment in a senior level position. Your understanding of the technical aspects within rail combined with your commercial awareness will allow you to manage contracts as well as a diverse team. You will be a focal point for any technical issues, which will ensure the depot is fully functional at all times.
- In-depth knowledge of Rolling Stock Maintenance techniques and procedures
- Broad technical understanding of the Rolling Stock for which this position is responsible
- Experience of managing and leading multi functional teams in a rail environment
- Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- Contract and commercial experience
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of negotiating with workplace representatives
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and principles
Closing Date: 30th July 2018
Likely Job Titles: Engineering Manager, Senior Project Manager, Senior Programme Manager
- £45,000 +