Service Operations Manager (London)
£90,000 per annum
Are you an experienced API support professional with extensive experience working with enterprise clients?
Ford & Stanley, the rail recruitment specialists are working with an award-winning technology company, which has received major investment from one of the world’s largest technology companies. With a 30% head count growth predicated next year, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a business that has a true global reach.
My Client is looking for a proven Service Operations Manager to join the expanding Operations team here in their London HQ. The Ops team support customers across the globe; providing 24/7 critical IT support ensuring first class, seamless end-to-end customer service. Whether it's pre-sales, integration & implementation or on-going post-sales support - our Ops team are on hand.
As the Service Ops Manager, you will act as the escalation point for both the customer and internal team members and own the resolution of issues. To be successful you'll have the technical expertise and natural dynamism to drive discussions around best practice incident management, change management, and service delivery. You know how to build relationships and how to effectively communicate with both tech and non-tech stakeholders. You will be the captain of the UK support functions and you be leading by example.
- Own issue resolution acting as escalation point for technical services for clients and partners. This may range from System Administration, to Implementation Support to data/business analysis and insight generation.
- Manage team of Application Engineers tasked with delivering 99.99% uptime to enterprise customers worldwide.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement of the health and performance of the application for both customer delivery and operations efficiency.
- Establish professional and courteous relationships with customers whilst handling enquiries and maintaining a customer focus by representing the customers’ interests within the wider team
- Develop clear processes, goals and tracking to maximize efficiency while providing an exceptional level of customer support.
- Define, document, implement, and improve processes for Technical Support and Incident Management, modelled after ITIL Service Management principles. Ensure that open communication with customers and partners is prioritized.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve customer experience and work closely with other departments (eg. product, engineering, and operations) to provide feedback and develop new processes or amend existing ones.
- Instil a first class customer service culture that drives a high level of both employee and customer satisfaction.
- Act as point of escalation. Interface directly with both customers and internal departments to advocate on behalf of customer needs.
- Solid background in progressive management within tech support,professional services, client management, or equivalent technical client-facing teams
- Extensive experience in applications, infrastructure support, network administrationand/or similar experience
- Strong understanding of AWS, Atlassian (Jira/Confluence etc.) and various communication tools
- Familiarity with C# & MS .NET frameworks as well as Java (Spring) on Linux
- Process optimization and management skills. Prior experience analysing, modifying and measuring processes