Shift Production Manager
£56,000 - 57,000 per annum
Do you have experience in production management within a depot environment?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Shift Production Manager for a leading company in their field.
As the Shift Production Manager you will be responsible for lead and direct the depot production and movements team, produce and manage depot production plans, allocate depot resources, ensure technical and safety standards are adhered to etc.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead and direct the depot Production and Movements teams to achieve the desired standards. Carry out quality inspections as requested and laid down in the depot operating model.
- Produce and manage the depot production plan in conjunction with other Production Delivery Managers / Planning Managers to deliver agreed targets. Ensure the plan is understood by all who require it, working closely with other depots to ensure that delivery across all depots optimises availability and utilises all the facilities and resources available. This will be achieved by holding a weekly planning meeting to gather the required information to formalise and communicate relevant production planning arrangements. Represent the depot at engineering and business performance conference calls as required.
- Monitor the availability of depot resources (staff, materials and facilities) to ensure the production plans are realistic, challenging and deliverable. A ‘one stop shop’ system must be put in place in regards to maintenance activities.
- Ensure all levels of the depot operating mode relevant to the role are fully engaged with and complied with. This includes attending visual management sessions, tracking and monitoring KPI’s and creating and delivering improvement plans to drive performance forward.
- Ensure technical and safety standards are adhered to on all traction and rolling stock arriving at the depot and that our people are aware of these standards. Carry out In process inspections, post works inspections and assist in both internal and external quality audits.
- Ensure that staff are motivated, engaged and are suitably trained to be capable of delivering targets in the agreed timescales. Ensure team members are fully compliant with mandatory and regulatory training requirements.
- Work closely and in conjunction with the Depot Production Manager to ensure a forward thinking and efficient delivery of quality excellence and timely customer delivery in all aspects of our maintenance processes. Lead continuous improvement activities to drive improvements in safety, quality and efficiency for depot activities.
- Work shifts as required to meet the objectives and targets of the role and to communicate with employees who work shifts or permanent nights. There will be a requirement to work shifts inclusive of weekends, days and nights to lead and manage all depot activities.
- Recruit, motivate, train & develop staff to produce effective teams capable of meeting their targets and objectives
- Assist the Depot Manager prepare for audits and ensure audit actions are closed out in a timely manner as directed by the Depot Manager / Depot Production Manager
Essential skills and experiences
- Experience of engineering and people management, with particular emphasis on railway vehicle engineering and depot production management
- Engineering qualifications to HNC/HND standard or equivalent essential
- NEBOSH Certificate or working towards essential
- Managerial qualifications desirable such as Institution of Leadership and Management level 3
- Experience of safety, quality and technical product audits
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills
Holders of this role are likely to have come from an Engineering leadership role. Subsequent promotional opportunities for job holders are likely to be as Depot Production Manager or other senior Engineering Management roles.
This role comes with an on-call responsibility.
- Newton Heath
- £45,000 +