Site Supervisor (Bristol)
£44,000 - £48,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Site Supervisor working in the rail, with previous experience in signalling who is wanting to be part of a £150-million-pound track renewals program based in the South of England for an industry leader in the rail industry?
We have a fantastic opportunity in the Bristol area for an experienced Signalling Site Supervisor
We at Ford and Stanley - the technical recruitment specialists are currently seeking to speak to Site Supervisors based around Bristol as our client is looking to increase their teams to support with servicing this major contract win, which will be keeping the team busy for up to the next 8 years.
Is this you?
Our client, who is a main contractor and supplier into Network Rail offers a cradle to grave service of design, surveying, installation, and maintenance for major infrastructure rail projects in the UK.
This role would suit somebody who has several year’s experience as a Site Supervisor and experienced in working on signalling projects. This opportunity promises challenges, progression, and security for the next 8 years.
Your key responsibilities
- To supervise work groups by assigning work, monitoring site progress, reporting of site progress, briefing staff, liaising with signalling depot teams and provide mentoring for staff and general site leadership.
- Support safety implementation of limited safety, health, environment, and quality strategies, associated actions, and resulting initiatives to deliver continuous improvements.
- Ensure work is carried out with a continuous view of profitability and efficiency in line with the agreed budget and target cost.
- Take responsibility for delivering on time and on the budget for a high-quality product or service which our client can take pride in.
- Supervise signalling teams in a manner that complies with all best practices, network and company standards, processes and procedures to meet companies and client expectations.
- Manage installation costs against budgets and manage robust records to support this.
- Organise, manage and develop robustly, a first-class signalling installation team and maintain suitable hard copy and soft copy records for audits.
- Allocate installation resources to projects, both internal and external to deliver the required skills and keep the team utilisation on or above target.
- Previous experience in a similar position for at least 3 years.
- Must have previous experience and knowledge of signalling projects in a rail environment.
- Hold PTS, COSS/ IWA track safety competencies.
- Experienced in team leadership and influencing staff.
- Thorough working knowledge of Network Rail standards.
- Previous experience of signalling and telecoms installation and construction activities.
- Able to deliver in line with budgets and timescales.
- Sound knowledge of budgeting, profit and losing and reporting behavioral skills.
- Hold or working towards Engineering manager (Installation) IRSE License.
- Hold an SMTH competency.
Likely Job titles
Site engineer, Site manager, Site supervisor, Signalling site supervisor, Signalling site engineer, Assistant site manager.
- £45,000 +