Software Engineer - C++ (Plymouth)
Are you passionate about working with innovated technology? And looking to work for one of the world’s most recognizable names in technology? Collaborating with industry leaders in a sector where government investment is at its peak?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Specialists are looking to recruit an experienced Software Engineer for their prestigious client based in Derby. The role will allow the successful candidate to work on projects involving cutting edge technology that will have a real impact on commuters across the Uk’s public transportation sector.
The ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge of Java and SQL and have experience of Web design and will utilize their skills to design, implement and test new software products within my clients R&D team. My client is ideally looking for a candidate who can hit the ground running and will be able to pick up software systems quickly and have a strong understanding of the software engineering principles and cloud computing.
The main responsibilities of the role are
- Define, design and develop software products in conjunction with Technical Authorities and Senior Software Engineers.
- Ensure that all development undertaken meeting the required standards and processes.
- Maintain and improve software products by resolving faults raised in RT as allocated.
- Assist the Testing Engineers where help is required with the technicalities of produced software.
- Produce and maintain documentation for the software products.
This will be achieved by completing the following
- Adherence to the Business Management System.
- Delivering Software Engineering tasks to time budget quality and specification as allocated by the Senior Engineer or Project Manager.
- Supporting the senior engineers in the analysis off raised faults.
- Supporting the software release process with the senior engineer.
- Design and implementation of new and/or improved software packages where required.
- Prioritisation of assigned work to meet targets as agreed with a Senior Software Engineer.
- Responding to requests from Testing Engineers for assistance with released software.
- Adhering to the software processes laid out in the BMS.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant software development skills and knowledge.
- Testing implemented code to the standard required by the Senior Software Engineers.
- Experience and knowledge of JAVA & SQL
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge of O.S.’s.
- Good working knowledge of using Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of UX design
- Good working knowledge of UML Modelling.
- Ability to write testable code.
- Knowledge of C++
- Experience of Agile Methodology or similar
- Knowledge of transactional based services
- Ability to train and mentor members of the software team and student engineers