Software Testing & Assurance Manager (London)
£55,000 per annum pro rata
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting on behalf of a well-established British Standards Board who are seeking a Software Testing & Assurance Manager.
This is a fantastic contract opportunity to work for a leading Rail Standards organisation, you will lead the testing, assurance and delivery of software upgrade projects and programmes across the information management and technology team. This will be primarily for the Safety Management Intelligence System (SMIS) but will also extend across other systems when capacity allows.
Role & responsibilities
- Provide quality assurance on all testing activities, ensuring quality from requirements to implementation
- Be the key point of contact with the stakeholders on system testing, owning and managing the end to end user acceptance process
- Be the point of contact between the supplier and stakeholders ensuring the end products are fully scoped, tested and delivered
- Act as Test Manager for system changes and upgrades, planning, managing and providing documentation for each of the testing phases. Ensure usability and integrity of the application, its interfaces and reporting tools
- Control the change management process. Employ criteria such as cost, resourcing and scheduling
- Provide leadership and ownership of process and organisational change initiatives that will deliver a more robust approach to assure data quality is achieved
- Work with the projects team to lead implementation of improvements in testing processes, lead detailed reviews of product testing activities
- Define and own test standards and strategy for all phases of testing
- Manage interaction with 3rd party delivery partners regarding all testing matters
Fixed term 6 months
The ideal candidate will have software testing experience using at least one relevant testing methodology within a highly regulated environment.
- Qualification in at least one relevant test methodology
- Experience developing and implementing testing strategies
- Experience assuring testing (end to end)- System, OAT, Integration, Regression, UAT
- Project/change management experience (Prince2, V Model etc.)
- Software management including experience of software development cycle (SDLC)
- Understanding/knowledge of third party tools that will support testing activities
- Rail experience is desirable
Friday 7th December