Stations Portfolio Project Manager
£58,000 - £65,000 per annum plus additional benefits
Opportunity for a Stations Portfolio Project Manager to join a rail franchise that sees excellence in project management process and stakeholder management as the key to keeping promises made for the delivery of a major schedule of engineering works in the West Midlands area.
Due to the continued expansion of the business and the recent wins of high profile projects, the organisation is expanding at a rapid rate.
Our client works with a wide range of high profile customers within rail, so you will consistently be given the opportunity to work on industry leading projects and have a real contribution to this generation of rail.
Role and Responsibilities
- Reporting in to the Transition and Projects Director
- Line manage all station delivery Project Managers
- Provision of professional advice and support to individual station project managers
- Resources management of the portfolio of station projects
- Development of strong relationships with business owners and in particular with the Head of Property
- Delivery of PMO assigned Committed Obligations and Franchise requirements
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all Station Project plans to effectively manage projects through procurement and delivery (including resource plans)
- Ensure plans are agreed with the Project Sponsor
- Ensure the estimates, schedules, plans, track and control tasks throughout the Project lifecycle including tasks assigned to Project Managers are completed on time and to the required standard
- Act as the focal point for T&P station projects and liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Liaise with Executive Directors
- HNC / Degree (or equivalent) and / or significant relevant professional experience ideally with membership of a relevant technical body
- Expertise in Project Delivery particularly in complex environments
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and practices appropriate to the service delivery sector, e.g. British Standards, Railway Group Standards, Network Rail Line standards.
- Successful track record of development and design in a Transportation (Rail orientated) environment within the context of a professional services provider
- Experience of working at a senior level in a PMO
- Proven experience of delivering change in a complex business environment
- Demonstrable experience of developing cogent and compelling Business Cases
- Comfortable presenting to Internal and external stakeholders
- Qualified in either PRINCE2, APMP or PMIBOK
- Certified member of a professional body- APM, PMI etc
Closing Date: Friday 3rd August
Other potential job roles: Project Manager, Portfolio Project Manager, Portfolio Manager, PMO.
- £45,000 +