Strategic Account Manager (Derby)
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Strategic Account Manager who has strong leadership skills and the ability establish long-term client relationships?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts have the pleasure of supporting one of our prominent rolling stock supply chain clients in securing a talented Strategic Account Manager.
Working in a key role within the client development, sales and customer relationship team, your role as a Strategic Account Manager will require you to be an expert in your business and good at problem-solving. Your focus will be to educate the customers rather than selling to them.
You should have the business acumen to understand financial information as well as your company’s operations and strategy.
In addition to working for an organisation that encourages, supports and invests heavily in developing existing customers, this is a real opportunity for the right candidate to further their network and establish themselves within a reputable organisation, who in return will support you in achieving your longer term career ambitions.
Derby (will consider those who can commute in from further afield such as Sheffield, Doncaster, Leicester or Birmingham)
- Strategic account and opportunity planning
- Establish strong, long-term client relationships
- Overall relationship and outcome management
- Develop promotional initiatives, across the spread of social media, to generate awareness and knowledge within their target markets.
- Develop accounts that are identified as offering growth potential.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports and forecasts
- Communicate with major clients on a regular basis and respond to specific queries
The ideal candidate will adopt a ‘Get up and go’ attitude of a leader, it is important they have the attitude to inspire and motivate a team.
In addition, adopting a personable and natural approach is important as they will be relying heavily on their communication skills to achieve successful results. It is imperative to have a strong commercial awareness and business acumen, as part of the role is to understand how to provide solutions for the organisation and its customers.
- Previous Successful and demountable Strategic Account Management experience
- Flexible attitude towards regular business travel or working remotely/client side
- Demonstrable understanding and experience within effective social media marketing activities
Likely Job Titles
Strategic Key Account Manager, Relationship Manager, CAM, KAM, Strategic Sales Manager
- £35,000 - £45,000