Strategy & Planning Manager (Leeds)
£300 - £370 per day
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are supporting one of our clients based in the North of England to recruit for a rail professional with demonstrable business operations and strategic planning experience.
Our client is looking for a Strategy & Planning Manager to review the reliability and resilience of the rail network across the north of England. This is an excellent contract opportunity for an experienced rail professional who has had exposure to operational and strategic management in their career to develop and maintain strong relationships with business partners and stakeholders to deliver an integral Strategic Transport Plan.
Working closely with Network Rail and the train operators you will work to identify what infrastructure interventions could help improve the reliability of train services to ensure a safe and thriving rail network in the North.
£300 - £370
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the development of business cases and funding proposals
- Act as a policy lead for the company on reliability and resilience issues
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders by being focal point of contact
- Own a number of small to medium scale projects
- Research primary data sources, select relevant information, analyse key themes and trends and make recommendations
- Financial management and budget requests
- Lead the development of a Reliability and Resilience Delivery Plan
- Degree qualified
- Strong experience in the rail industry in transport strategy
- Strong planning & organisation skills
- Good communicator
- Financially astute
20th October 2020
Likely Job Titles
Strategy & Transport Planner, Innovation Manager, Route Manager