Stress Analyst (Oxford)
£35 - £40 per hour
Ford & Stanley Interim – The Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Stress Analyst to join a leading UK based company who have achieved a breakthrough in Aerospace engine technologies.
This is an opportunity to work for a company who design and develop the technologies required for a new class of hypersonic propulsion systems.
6 months +
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Provide stress analysis and general engineering support to customer programmes
- Support other research and development projects, as required
- Prepare, present and report technical work to peers, seniors and partners
- Carry out the analysis of various structures including static and dynamic stress analysis, non-linear stress analysis, buckling and thermal analysis
- Work with other departments and external partners to deliver all aspects of the work
- Develop and optimise low mass structures and assess the impact of these designs
The ideal candidate will have industry experience in the design and analysis of aerospace structures. You will be able to carry out basic stress analysis hand calculations for structures and pressurised equipment.
- Must have industry experience in the design and analysis of aerospace structures
- Experience in the use of commercial finite element codes and CAD software systems including Altair Hyperworks, NASTRAN and SOLIDWORKS would be advantageous
- Experience in the design and analysis of composite materials used for aircraft/spacecraft structures would be desirable including ceramic matrix composites and metal matrix composites
- Must be able to carry out basic stress analysis hand-calculations for structures and pressurised equipment
- ANSYS CLASSIC / ANSYS WORKBENCH is highly desirable
- Experience in the analysis of turbomachinery and airframes would be desirable
- Qualified to degree level in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering