Subsystem Engineer (Derby)
Ford & Stanley Interim - The Digital Rail Recruitment Experts are seeking an experienced Subsystem Engineer to responsible to apply the principles of system engineering to the subsystem architecture, interfaces and design to a selection of major components for a global Rail organisation based in Derby.
The main focus of the role will be to manage the functional and technical interface between Vehicle Engineering and TCMS (Train Control Management System) Engineering according to the vehicle engineering process and to provide a single point of contact in expertise for all functional and technical topics of a subsystem.
Our client will also consider a permanent appointment.
Role and Responsibilities
- To Assemble software and/or hardware items through all levels up to form a complete subsystem, according to the architectural and design specifications.
- To carry out requirements engineering and controlling change and communicating to relevant stakeholders.
- To analyze and transform specified requirements, leveraging the defined platform and available components into an acceptable architecture which has the required safety integrity level and to validate the architecture against requirements and assumptions.
- To examine and judge whether the output of a specific development phase fulfils respective requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Proven experience in system engineering
- Knowledge of CCTV system design and systems integration is desirable
- Knowledge of Requirement Management tools such as DOORS is advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels within and outside of the engineering organization.
Sector: Digital, Rail