Supplier Quality Manager (Leeds)
£48,000 per annum (final salary pension, company car)
Currently working with a leading rail company who are looking for an experienced rolling stock supplier quality engineer or manager to join their successful business. You will be driving forward their current process and ensuring they stay as the leaders in their field.
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting an Audit and Standards Manager for an innovative rail organisation based at a number of sites across the UK.
An opportunity has arisen for you to reinvent this position and work for a company who strive to ‘do it right first time’. You will be the driving force behind the quality process, always evaluating and improving. Your responsibilities will include auditing the work carried out by the maintenance team and working with the team to plan how to overcome any NCR’s and managing the supplier approval process
Leeds or Crewe
Role and Responsibilities
- Undertake the audit process internally and externally.
- Supplier quality management – Lead T&RS Safety Critical Supplier Approval Process
- Take control and drive the current process forward
- Identity non-conformance and work with the team to overcome these.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be an experienced supplier quality professional with a strong background in traction and rolling stock. Ideally you will have worked your way up from ‘the tools’ and wanting to use your expertise and knowledge to drive improvement across the company.
As you will be responsible for the supplier approval process and for working with the different internal sites, you must be happy to travel nationwide 3 days a week.
- A minimum of 10-years’ experience in a traction and rolling stock would be ideal but happy to talk candidates who have worked in rail and another heavy engineering environment.
- Audit experience – either a lead or internal ISO 9001qualification
- Get up and go attitude – Happy to travel nationally for this position– This will most likely entail traveling to different sites 3 days a week.
- Understand traction and rolling stock, so you can communicate with depot staff and understand the required standards
- Personal drive – you need to come on board and drive the process forward. Always looking to improve.
Friday 9th November
Likely Job Titles
SQE, SQM, QE, QM, Supplier Quality Manager, Supplier Quality Engineer, Quality Manager, Quality Engineer.
- £45,000 +