Supply Chain & Production Manager (Derby)
£70,000 - £75,000 per annum
Are you a supply chain professional who has experience working in a production/manufacturing environment in a safety critical industry?
Ford & Stanley – The rail recruitment experts are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain and Production Manager for one of our rail clients in Derby. The company is a cutting-edge technology business who operate primarily within the railway sector. Their comprehensive portfolio includes measuring systems for digitalised condition monitoring of rolling stock and rail infrastructure, and inspection systems for railway track.
The successful candidate will have the ability to help develop production procedures and processes along with ensuring the companies supply chain is managed effectively is capable of accommodating the current and planned business growth. This does include moving production from prototype manufacturing to series production.
- Moving production from prototype manufacturing to series production.
- Implementation of measurable lean manufacturing principles.
- Assessing short and medium term business and project requirements.
- Ensuring availability of all materials and services on time at the right quality and cost.
- Estimating, negotiating and agreeing budgets and timescales for project deliveries.
- Determining quality control standards and implementing quality-control programmes.
- Monitoring performance against agreed KPIs and adjusting processes as needed.
- Planning and organising production schedules.
- Maintaining the production facility, equipment and tools to required standards.
- Overseeing production processes and continuously seeking improvements in terms of quality, timely delivery and cost efficiency.
- Optimising the capacity utilisation of the facility and available resources.
- Implementing the company's policies and goals.
- Organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment.
- Ideally Degree Education in an Engineering Discipline.
- Planning and organisation skills to run and monitor the production process.
- Ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems.
- Capacity to grasp concepts easily.
- ICT literacy to deal with various technologies and programmes.
- Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality.
- Ability to communicate professionally at all levels.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines.
14th September 2018
- £45,000 +