£21,000 - £33,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Surveyor/Lead Surveyor, with previous experience in the rail industry who is wanting to be part of a growing company, working on some major renewals projects across the UK?
We have a fantastic opportunity across North London for an experienced Surveyor and Lead Surveyor to help support on multiple sites.
We at Ford and Stanley - the Technical Recruitment Specialists are currently seeking to speak to Surveyors based around North London as our client is looking to increase their team to support with servicing some major rail projects throughout the East of England.
Is this you?
Our client offers a full spectrum of survey support services, from plain line sites through to complex switch and crossing surveys for major infrastructure rail projects throughout the UK.
This role would suit somebody who has several year’s experience as a Surveyor, preferably with previous experience in the rail industry. You will have the opportunity to work with a company that is expanding quickly with their growing order book of projects.
This role promises new challenges and to be apart of some large projects for major clients in the rail industry.
This would be a great opportunity for a motivated and dedicated Surveyor to contribute to our clients’ project success.
North London & South London
Your key responsibilities
- Carry out topographical and railway surveys.
- Carry out surveys to the requirements of the survey specifications in the contracts or to the requirements.
- Support, lead and coach surveyors when carrying out surveying activities.
- Conduct survey data to present clients or designers.
- Complete land, overhead line, railways and gauges surveys.
- Ensure compliance of health and safety on site.
- Previous experience in a similar position for at least 3 years.
- Must have previous experience and knowledge of surveying in a rail environment.
- Hold PTS, COSS/ IWA track safety competencies.
- Experienced in team leadership and influencing staff.
- Thorough working knowledge of Network Rail standards.
- Previous experience of signalling and telecoms installation and construction activities.
- Able to deliver in line with budgets and timescales.
- Sound knowledge of budgeting, profit and losing and reporting behavioral skills.
- Be a member of RICS/ ICES or working to achieve chartered status.
- Must be competent in Total station, platform gauge, laser sweep, heights and stagger gauges.
- Competent in using either Terramodle, Trimble, Leica or AutoCad.
- Must be able to translate RICS and Network rail surveying standards.
- Must be competent in training surveying in all survey techniques.
- Likely Job titles: Land Surveyor, Track Surveyor, Lead Surveyor, Site engineer, Surveyor, Rail surveyor.