Systems Engineer (Edinburgh)
Are you a Systems Engineer, with at least 2 years’ experience in requirements capture, systems architecture and DOORS, who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim are working with one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries, providing variety, ongoing professional relationships and engineering challenges.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6-month contract working in the Aerospace sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12-month period but should extend beyond that.
Key responsibilities include
Will vary depending on the above three levels, but main responsibilities may include:
- Modelling of components of the System design.
- Capture the radar design as system requirements.
- Allocate the system level requirements to sub-systems based on the system architecture.
- Show traceability and establish verification methods of systems engineering requirements.
- Support the implementation of system level requirements.
- Support the system integration and test activities.
- Support verification of the system requirements.
- Collaboration with software and hardware teams to define efficient implementations and optimisations of the radar design
We have requirements for individuals that can operate at 3 different levels within the systems engineering organisation, based on skillset and experience:
- Systems Engineer for Interface definition. Requirements capture/systems architecture/DOORS.
- Systems Engineer for Power Chain modelling and System allocation to LRIs of Power/cooling budget requirements. Electrical Engineering background would be ideal.
- Graduate level Systems Engineer for general Systems Engineering IPT work.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required
- Ideally a 2:1, or better, in a relevant science-based honours degree e.g. Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Electronic Engineering (BSc (Hon)/ BEng (Hon)/ MEng)
- Allocation of System requirements between sub-systems
- MDE (Model Drive Engineering). Experience of Matlab Simulink is very desirable.
- Show traceability and establish verification methods of systems engineering requirements
- Experience of Requirements Engineering
- Experience of working in cross-discipline Engineering teams
- Experience of Requirements definition and apportionment
- Experience of Verification Matrix definition
- Experience of DOORS
- Familiarity with RF systems/Radar System design and operation
- Ability to liaise with other engineers and work as part of an IPT
- UK/ EU citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance
- Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
5th March 2019