Systems Engineering Lead (Edinburgh)
£70,000 - £75,000 per annum
Are you an experienced technical Systems expert looking for a fresh opportunity?
Ford & Stanley are recruiting a lead Systems Engineering on a permanent basis for a global engineering organisation, who are focused on delivering software engineering services. My client specialises in product engineering across industries such as Defence, Hi-Tech and transportation.
Role and Responsibilities
Initially using your software engineering skills, you will be integrated with a highly skilled projects team creating providing plans and progress reports. Once you have gained sufficient domain experience you will be responsible for the technical leadership and people management of a small team of software engineers.
As this company falls within the defence sector only candidates with British Citizenship are permitted to apply. The successful candidate will ideally come from an electrical engineering background. This position is an urgent requirement for my client and will continue recruiting through the current crisis.
- Ability to provide technical leadership, guidance and mentoring as necessary.
- Able to work well within a multi-discipline team
- Experience of software project management activities including: software planning, estimation, tracking, and reporting.
- Experience of the full software lifecycle including: Requirements Management, Design, Implementation, Test and Integration.
- Programming in an object-oriented programming language. C++ is mandatory.
- Confident in Object Oriented Design and UML (Unified Modelling Language)
- Experience of developing software for a real-time embedded environment
- Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
Job ref: JJ5176
- £45,000 +