Systems Engineering Manager (Derby)
£65,000 - £75,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are working with a business that are at the forefront of the digitalisation of the rail sector. Their flagship project is delivering traffic management solutions to the industry and they require a Systems Engineering Manager who will be the glue to hold the current ongoing projects together.
The TMS project is in full flow and the workload is growing, they require someone to oversee the engineering processes within the project and to plan, drive & coordinate critical development activities including requirements definition, architecture design, system requirements compliance & system change control.
I am looking for someone who is used to clients changing their minds, an ability to be adaptable and come up with solutions to engineering issues on the project. You will need to be comfortable with being an interface between not only various engineering functions across the company but also be the connection between our client and their customers.
- Defining systems engineering work needed on the programme throughout the lifecycle and working with planning and finance functions to develop coherent affordable systems engineering plan
- Delivering a systems engineering plan to the programme in line with cost, schedule and quality requirements
- Provide leadership and technical direction for assigned program tasks and personnel
- Lead systems development, requirements definition and requirements compliance processes
- Provide Systems Lifecycle leadership across subsystem and system levels to ensure development, integration, verification, test and acceptance work in a coordinated manner
- Delivery of contracted and systems engineering artefacts and reports to the programme and customer
- Promoting professional growth through timely performance feedback, coaching, and counselling
- Supporting the Change Manager and Project Manager in the development of impact assessments for change requests coming from customers; this will include development of cost and schedule as well as technical impacts
- Leading system change within the project Change Control Process and chairing Change Control Boards
- Developing and maintaining system configuration baselines through formal deliveries
Qualifications & Experience
- Experienced people manager and strong client engagement skills
- Knowledge of the full system engineering lifecycle
- Knowledge of V&V
- Experience of Change Management
- Knowledge and experience of working to Software Security Standards (i.e. EN 50128 / EN 50126)
Possible job titles
Engineering Manager, Project Engineering Manager, Contractors Engineering Manager, Programme Manager
- £45,000 +