TCMS Project Director (Derby)
£110,000 - £135,000 per annum plus fantastic benefits package
The opportunity is for a Project Director and someone to be a real hero in driving improvement on the delivery of key projects that are commercially sensitive and widely known in the rail industry and involve several train operating companies across the UK.
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts have partnered up with a market leading and global rail business in the Midlands whom, after an influx in orders over the last 2 years need a Project Director to bring several underperforming key projects back on track. The projects are being delivered both from the UK and in India and therefore experience of working in a multicultural environment would be an advantage but in short, they require someone who is driven and who will not be afraid to “get stuck in”
The person will need to be a “heavy hitter” and be well versed with the rail industry, ideally in the respect of new technologies such as ERTMS, TCMS, Wifi & ETCS and have proven experience of problem solving, managing multiple stakeholders and the management and delivery of large railway vehicle enhancement or manufacturing projects.
- 20% of the role will include functional duties involving the projects core team and will include, being responsible for the project schedules, customer interface, project risks, project launch and change management. It will also include being the primary interface to the divisional PMO.
- 40% of the role will be leadership duties over the projects core teams and will include being directive in relation to project execution and will involve objective setting for all team members. You will be responsible for securing all the support required from the various functions in the team to drive the projects forward and be motivational to ensure you are getting the best out of your colleagues.
- 10% of the role will be the allocation of work packages and delegating to other key members of the team to optimise the project delivery timescales and to communicate with the other project managers to ensure collaboration of ideas and methods to improve effectiveness.
- 30% of the role will be acting as the portfolio manager and to manage all contracts that you are responsible for to deliver scope as contracted and within budget/timelines. Ensure all delivery plans are aligned with the various teams, including requirements management, TCMS and Train test teams. Drive planning with all project managers and ensure the implementation of the strategy to align with the culture and capability within the portfolio.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- High level project management experience, ideally in the rail/rolling stock industry.
- Experience of stakeholder management and client relationship management with multiple customers at any one time.
- Proven Leadership Experience.
- Experience of working with international contacts.
- Ideally some experience of new technologies in the rail sector such as onboard/train borne technologies.
- Commercial astuteness when it comes to delivering projects on time, to budget and ensuring commitments and expectations are defined, managed and met through delivery.
Possible job titles
Project Manager, Programme Manager, Project Director, Delivery Director, Programme Delivery Director
28th October 2018
- £45,000 +