Team Leader - Aerostructures (Chester)
£32 - £35 Per Hour
Are you a Team Leader, with at least 4 years’ experience in managing Aerospace engineering projects, who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim are working with one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries, providing variety, ongoing professional relationships and engineering challenges.
With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
The Team Leader is tasked to manage day-to-day Engineering and delivery activities associated with the scope of work within specific fixed price projects assigned to them, to meet customer requirements.
This particular contract is going to be an initial 6-month contract working in the Aerospace sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12-month period but should extend beyond that.
Key responsibilities include
- Provision of guidance to the engineering team and management of technical tasks through the harmonisation of the available resource and skills.
- Ensure effective communication of task requirements within QuEST and the customer.
- Manage the team working in accordance with the Quest business process and demonstrate a proactive approach to the continuous improvement and LEAN.
- The preparation of estimations and solutions, applying Work Breakdown methodologies to Statements of Work.
- To manage and maintain technical risk assessments and appropriate mitigations.
- Carry out technical review of work and methods at key stages and ensure appropriate solutions are being proposed to satisfy SoW.
- Appropriately monitor scope against Statement of Work commitment and identify and manage scope change effectively.
- Monitor and maintain personal and company performance objectives. Address performance issues in a timely manner and encourage excellent performance in all aspects of the job.
Knowledge / Experience
- Experience of co-ordinating and leading multiple disciplined Engineering projects.
- Experience of project management including, estimation, planning, risk management, reporting and working within QMS requirements in order to appropriately manage their projects.
- Knowledge of Airbus engineering methods and process is highly desirable
- Awareness of relevant engineering applications such as Catia V5, DPDS, PASS, VPM and experience with all Microsoft Office and PC applications will be required.
Likely Job Titles
Aerospace Team Leader, Aerostructures Lead, Team Manager, Aerostructures Specialist, Lead Engineer