Technical Account Manager (Dunfermline)
£20,000 - £28,000 per year
Are you a network Support professional who understands the importance of customer service, and is looking for the opportunity to break into an innovative telecommunications business that is improving connectivity across the transportation sector.
Ford & Stanley - The Digital Recruitment specialists are looking for a Technical Account Manager based in Chatham to work for one of the most pioneering telecommunication companies in the UK.
Our client is looking for a Technical Account Manager to join our 2nd line support team to help their ambition to deliver top-class connectivity products and solutions to their customers in the transportation market. This is a very customer-facing role with the responsibility to keep the customers’ solution functioning and being proactive when it comes to finding trends and faults with the customers ́ products/solutions. There is a heavy focus on learning the ins and outs of our customers ́ fleet, network and requirements as part of the role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all client communication of a technical nature. They will be supported by a team of technical experts to assist with resolving issues.
The role is based in Chatham, but some travel to customers both in the UK and Overseas is necessary from time to time.
Main Responsibilities of the role, are as followed
- Responsibility for all technical communications with our customer base including (but not limited to) Support Tickets, Conference Calls and Face to Face meetings/presentations
- Responsibility for proactive monitoring and fault finding on network equipment on key customers’ fleets
- Undertaking some troubleshooting against known issues before handing the issue over to a technical expert
- Managing escalations to 3rd line for unresolvable issues and championing bug fixes for their customers
- On-Site support for network testing and analysis
- Responsible for supporting & training the 1st line support team and keeping all customer/network information up-to-date on our internal wiki
- Assisting with software testing of new firmware releases
- Experience of working in an IT support environment in a customer facing role
- Intermediate to Advanced data analysis skills utilising MS Excel / Google Sheets
- Experience of presenting analysis and report findings to Senior Management
- Good technical aptitude to help with describing faults to technical experts
- Strong team player with good work ethics, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organised self-starter with the ability to prioritise workload to deliver high-quality results to demanding timelines
- Able to travel within UK and rest of Europe when required and ability to work unsocial hours when required
- Experience in working within the WiFi or passenger transport industries
- Basic knowledge of Linux based operating systems
- Experience working with IP based networks
- Knowledge of the mobile network landscape and technologies used in the UK and Europe
- Experience of working within an ITIL environment
- Ability to speak a 2nd European language a bonus, especially German, Italian or Dutch.
1st November 2019
- £25,000 - £35,000