Technical Author (Manchester)
£300 - £350 per day
Are you a Technical Author? Do you have a wealth of experience in the Rail industry with a knowledge of Rolling Stock systems and an ability to create operational maintenance manuals for those systems?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are working with one of the UK’s leading Rolling Stock Manufacturers who are recruiting a Technical Author to produce a number of operational maintenance manuals for one of their new fleets.
Based out of Manchester with potential business travel to Glasgow
Initial 6 months
Role and Responsibilities
- Produce technical documentation; Maintenance Manuals, Cleaning Manuals, Driver Manuals, Train Operations Staff Manuals, Spare Parts Catalogue, Training Documentation.
- Produce a testing program for the maintenance manual that will allow all maintenance tasks to be completed on a train before start of service.
- Work with other departments to ensure correct materials are called for on each maintenance task.
- Utilise proven experience of working with authoring software and system controls.
The successful candidate will be an experienced technical author who has an in depth knowledge of Rolling Stock and the associated systems found on a train.
- Must have advanced IT Skills to enable working with large files.
- Must have practical experience and a proven record of producing high level technical documentation for Rolling Stock
- Knowledge and compliance to rules and regulations
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to interface effectively with all levels of personnel in and outside the company
- Be a good team worker
Job ref: DP4904