Technical Author (Somerset)
Ford & Stanley Interim – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Technical Author for a contract position working on documentation for a variety of Rail projects.
Ford & Stanley are delighted to be working with a leading rail business who are looking for a Technical Author on a contract basis. The position requires an experienced technical author who has previously worked in an engineering capacity.
This position is to cover a period of long term sickness, this contract will be minimum 2months.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work through a backlog of documentation in a fast efficient manor
- Produce technical documentation; Manuals etc.
- Fault tree analysis
- Work with other departments to ensure correct materials are called for on each maintenance task
- Utilise proven experience of working with authoring software and system controls
The successful candidate will be an experienced technical author available immediately or no more than 1 weeks’ notice period required. Experience working in an engineering field is essential.
- Fault tree analysis experience/knowledge
- Must have advanced IT skills
- Knowledge and compliance to rules and regulations
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to interface effectively with all levels of personnel in and outside the company
- Be a good team worker