Technical Bid Writer (Birmingham)
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Specialists are recruiting for a Technical Bid Writer to join a leading rail consultancy, who are looking to make their mark in the UK market place, with the backing of a European power house business.
Do you want to be part of an excellent bid team who are contributing to the company’s overall success? This is a great opportunity to work within a growing company in the UK, who have over 100 years’ experience in the rail sector. We need an experienced Bid Writer to coordinate and develop proposals in the rail sector, with the view to secure future work.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review all requirements for the proposal documents and control and edit any issues.
- Liaise with technical stake holders ensuring that all proposals can be understood clearly.
- Develop and coordinate professionally produced proposals to meet strict internal and external deadlines.
- Make sure all stages of the bidding process are compliant and in line with the companies’ policies and procedures throughout.
- Prepare and manage all forecasts accurately
The successful candidate must be passionate about the role, showing unconventional thinking and confidence to meet everyday challenges this role will bring.
- Degree in English studies, corporate communications, copywriting, journalism or other relevant fields.
- Excellent technical writing skills and experience of generating compelling proposal content.
- The ideal candidate must be hard working, proactive and a positive attitude.
- Prepare and manage forecasts accurately.
- Additional language skills
- Experience in rail/design/engineering/construction industries
Likely Job Titles
Bid writer, proposal writer, submissions officer, bid controller, tendering engineer, bid editor, bid engineer, technical writer,
- £25,000 - £35,000