Technical Engineer (London)
£400 - £435 per day
Are you an experienced Technical Engineer who has experience working with Rolling Stock in the UK? Are you able to work closely with maintenance providers to ensure that safety, reliability and performance targets of a new fleet of trains are met, as well as developing fleet improvement plans?
Ford & Stanley, the Rail recruitment specialists are delighted to be working with a small but busy train operator, with circa 680,000 customers boarding their trains each day. Due to a resignation in the team, they are looking to bring in a Technical Engineer on an interim basis to develop relationships with a new maintenance partner for the introduction of a new fleet.
3 months with a potential to extend.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for developing relationships with the maintenance provider of a brand-new fleet of trains that are in the process of entering service.
- You will review and approve various documents relating to scheduled maintenance, and nonstandard repairs, as well as analyzing performance data to look for maintenance optimization initiatives.
- Support Fleet Managers in investigating safety, reliability and performance issues
- Review all incidents reported within the control log by collating evidence from the maintainer, Strategic Command, Train Crew, Station Staff, Network Rail and any other pertinent source, and commence attribution discussions with relevant internal or external departments
- Review remedial action, taken by third party maintainers and ensure compliance with relevant processes, standards and approvals
- Analyse all performance data to identify failure trends; develop rectification, performance and engineering plans including necessary modifications to address those issues, considering the Engineering Change and Maintenance & Overhaul Policies
- Attend reliability and performance meetings
- Support the Fleet Engineering and Assurance Manager with the introduction of new rolling stock
The successful candidate will come from a technical engineering background ideally within maintenance, reliability and performance improvement. You will have experience of Rolling Stock and be comfortable in a customer facing role.
- Experience of fleet maintenance from an operational depot
- Experience of working within Rail industry legal framework – including group standards and ROGS
- Knowledge of Rolling stock – specifically knowledge of operating principles of modern EMUs
- Knowledge of industry governance framework