Technical Support Engineer (Burton-On-Trent)
£30000 - £45000 per annum
Are you rail based electromechanical or mechatronic engineer, interested in International travel and motivated to be a technical specialist on an asset management system that is vital to a number of major rail operators across Northern Europe, Middle East, North America and Australia?
Ford & Stanley – The Digital Rail Experts are working with a small, high performing UK team that is part of a large global engineering business. Their asset management systems play an integral role in the efficient on-going operation of both freight and passenger rail services. The technical specialist will ensure that systems are performing to a high standard and being able to build a strong face to face relationships with clients across the globe
The position is responsible for providing customer support services both remotely and on-site to new and existing customers across Europe, the Middle East and Russia. This challenging role requires frequent travel in Europe in order to access customer’s sites and offices.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on installed systems across the globe
- Perform timely non-routine maintenance and in-depth troubleshooting of system faults, both on-site and via remote connection where possible.
- Actively monitor the system’s health and performance, and report issues appropriately both internally and to the customers to permit timely rectification.
- Take a leading role in the planning of all necessary site visits and rectification action plans directly with the customers.
- Develop good working relationships with customers and leverage this to assist in developing repeat future business.
- Help establish, improve and maintain quality control processes and systems and documentation for European and Global operations.
- At least 5 years of industry experience working with electromechanical and software systems.
- Tertiary or trade level qualifications in an engineering, science or software discipline.
- Experience working in the rail industry
- Competency in the following software and computing disciplines are desirable:
- Microsoft Office suite of products.
- SQL, Java, C, MATLAB programming languages.
- Good management, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Dedication to planning, implementing, following and enforcing quality processes.
- Good documentation skills.
- The ability to work under pressures of weekly, monthly and project deadlines.
- An enthusiastic attitude to hard work, learning new skills and going above and beyond to achieve customer satisfaction.
- £35,000 - £45,000