Technical Writer (Chatham)
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Are you a talented Technical Writer looking for the opportunity to work with a global engineering company that has products used by millions of people each day? Working as part of the solution team you will be responsible for creating and managing the documentation for 20 different technology solutions used across the globe and you will use your excellent communications skills to ensure that correct information is gathered and then presented clearly for my client's customers
Ford & Stanley – The Digital Specialist is working with their client based in Chatham to recruit a Technical Writer
Ford & Stanley are searching for an experienced technical writer to join my client’s team and produce client-focused and sales documentation. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experiences in a technical field, such as software development, systems integration or engineering. You are experienced in the ability to evaluate and analyse complex information and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Create, maintain and update manuals, procedures, specifications and other documents.
- Create, maintain and update installation instructions, training material and other technical documents.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Generate local case studies and consolidate customer feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field or equivalent
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve the user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Strong team player with good work ethics, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organised self-starter, ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment and adapting to meet the goals of the business
Job ref: NN4793
- £25,000 - £35,000