Telecoms Engineer - Design (Liverpool)
£350 - £400 per day
Are you an experienced Telecoms Engineer who can complete 2D designs of optical and fibre networks for large scale rail projects?
This is an opportunity to join a company who have recently been acquired by the world's leading technology business with big ambitions to secure a foothold in the UK Rail advanced technologies space. You will be assisting in delivering a multi-million pound 2-year project to design, install and commission a train to track CCTV radio communication system.
Merseyside - Liverpool
Role and Responsibilities
- Accountability for Technical Assurance of Telecommunications design activities.
- Use CAD software (AutoCAD) to create 2D Designs for Optical/ fibre Networks, fibre joints, cabinets and containers.
- Manage the use of appropriate engineering standards in relation to design and commissioning, on all Telecoms related projects and check whether they comply with legislation, Railway Group and Network Rail company standards.
- Support projects through management of GRIP, Common Safety Method (CSM) submissions and CDM compliance.
- Undertake the duties of nominated design and commissioning / Commissioning engineer.
- Troubleshoot and command onsite support with regards to Telecommunication Installation, Test, Commissioning and Integration on to operational Networks
You will be an experienced Telecoms Engineer who has worked in a Rail environment and understands the technicalities of designing a fibre network on the Railway. You will have:
- Extensive knowledge of Cable Networks – Fibre, Copper and Structured
- an understanding and appreciation of Radio Systems
- an understanding and appreciation of Telecoms DC Power Systems
- Design Experience, with an ability to create 2D designs using AutoCAD or a similar system.
- the ability to communicate clearly in written, sketch and drawn forms to people at all levels