Tendering Engineer (Birmingham)
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Tendering Engineer within the Power Generation sector, who has a great understanding of repair and rewind?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Tendering Engineer to join their prestigious client based in Birmingham. My client are looking for someone from a repair and rewind background, both in-house and on site on larger units, stators and rotors.
The Tendering Engineer will have the opportunity to be apart of a company who currently have 15,000 employees across 180 sites globally, including 14 in the UK with 2 ½ billon pound turnover.
As the Tendering Engineer you will be under the direction of senior management, and in accordance with laid down standards and systems. Undertake overall project contractual and financial responsibility for allocated projects, from tender initiation and contract award to end of defects liability period as a minimum, thereby ensuing obligations are met and high profile is given to maximising company profitability.
Role and Responsibilities
- Attend, where requested, pre-order tender / sales meetings.
- Provide a technical, financial and commercial input into the tender / quotation.
- Attend handover, pre-contract meetings and receive all project information from senior management. Assume responsibility for project from contract award onwards.
- Carry out full project management within the parameters of the Companies strategic business plan, implementing Microsoft Project.
- Produce a materials, subcontractor, installation, procurement and drawing programme to accord with installation and specification requirements under the direction of design department and senior Management.
- Ensure purchase orders are placed to meet both on-site installation requirements and inhouse repair / refurbishment programmes, including assisting with supplier approval, technical appraisal reviews and cost negotiations, works tests, factory tests, etc.
- Check and ensure all major suppliers and manufacturers comply with contract drawings and specifications, instruct buyers on order placement and check acknowledgements within set budgets. Report any losses / gains.
- In conjunction with design department produce schedules of technical or contractual issues for clarification from client.
- Prepare monthly reports for assessment purposes and maintain records in order to accurately forecast final labour / material expenditure.
- Ensure / monitor quality control of the required project within the company’s Quality management System and take effective measures in areas of deficiencies.
The successful candidate must have an overall knowledge and understanding of a wide variety Power Generation source, with the ability to read and interpret specifications and drawings.
Understanding project management principles is important in order to successfully meet deadlines and budgets.
- Power generation knowledge
- Plan ahead, co-ordinate, prioritise workloads.
- Proficient in Execel, Microsoft Word & Project.
- A Knowledge of understanding contracts
- Strong communication skills
- Good people management and motivational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Pro-active approach to problem solving
- £45,000 +