Test Engineer (Derby)
£25,000 - £32,000 per annum
Are you an experainced Test Engineer/Analyst? who is looking to utlize thier skills and experaince within a highly regarded technology company within the thriving UK rail industry?.
Ford & Stanley – The recruitment experts are looking for experainced Test Engineer to join thier cilents team in Derby
The Aim of the Role
The aim of this role is to undertake testing activities in accordance with industry best practice. The successful candidate will have an enthusiastic approach to test activities, excellent team working skills and will understand the importance of meticulous attention to detail. Full training and guidance will be given to the successful candidate.
Reporting to the Test Manager, tasks shall include but not be limited to:
- Planning, coordinating and managing assigned testing activities
- In association with other Test Engineers, ensure where testing processes, methods and implementation can be improved and standardized
- Improve testing capability through new test methods such as test automation.
- To ensure that products and projects are fit for purpose before release to the customer.
- Adherence to the client’s business Management System.
- Preparation of Test Plans, Specifications and Reports.
- Development of test harnesses, scripts and test data.
- Review of design documentation for suitability for testing.
- Performance of testing both on and off site, in accordance with the relevant specifications and QA procedures.
- Liaison with developers and management to assist in the development process and in improvements to the BMS.
- Assessment of compliance with regards to product and QA requirements.
- Assessment, procurement and utilisation of new test equipment and resources as required.
- Good knowledge of Office Productivity software such as MS Office, Word and Excel
- A good understanding of modern testing philosophies, tools and methods.
- Working knowledge of a variety of modern computer Operating Systems.
- £25,000 - £35,000