Test Engineer (Derby)
£25,000 - £32,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Test Engineer/Analyst? Looking to join a global technology company? And the chance to work on some of the most advanced IT Systems in the world that will revolutionise the UK Rail Industry?
Ford & Stanley – The Digital Rail Specialists are looking for a Test Engineer to join their client site in Derby, this role is open to both Experienced and junior Test Professionals, who can show their aptitude for technology and also a passion for learning
The aim of this role is to undertake testing activities in accordance with industry best practice. The successful candidate will have an enthusiastic approach to test activities, excellent team working skills and will understand the importance of meticulous attention to detail. Full training and guidance will be given to the successful candidate.
- Planning, coordinating and managing assigned testing activities
- In association with other Test Engineers, ensure where testing processes, methods and implementation can be improved and standardized
- Improve testing capability through new test methods such as test automation.
- To ensure that products and projects are fit for purpose before releasing to the customer.
- Adherence to the client’s business Management System.
- Preparation of Test Plans, Specifications and Reports.
- Development of test harnesses, scripts and test data.
- Review of design documentation for suitability for testing.
- Performance of testing both on and off-site, in accordance with the relevant specifications and QA procedures.
- Liaison with developers and management to assist in the development process and in improvements to the BMS.
- Assessment of compliance with regards to product and QA requirements.
- Assessment, procurement and utilisation of new test equipment and resources as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good knowledge of Office Productivity software such as MS Office, Word and Excel
- A good understanding of modern testing philosophies, tools and methods.
- Working knowledge of a variety of modern computer Operating Systems.
- £25,000 - £35,000