Test Engineer (Hemel Hempstead)
£25,000 - £27,000 per annum
Are you an electrician or electrical technician with experience in CCTV or fire detection systems and interested in getting involved in destructive and non-destructive testing?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are delighted to be working with a world-renowned company who are looking for are recruit an Test Engineer within a Fire Detection Team based in Hemel Hempstead
The role we are seeking to fill are those of Test Engineer with an electrical engineering background with the experience on testing electronic products. You’ll need to build relationships with clients, understand their requirements and then deliver this work autonomously.
The position is based in a testing laboratory in Hemel Hempstead.
Role and responsibilities
- Working in testing lab undertaking some precision measurements
- Discussing testing requirements for the clients.
- You’ll have constant interaction and engagement with clients at a variety of levels, from technicians to Directors.
- You'll also support the Team Manager providing quotations, managing chargeable Testing Projects, planning of Test workload through the laboratory, alignment with Lean Metrics, supervising test work on a defined range of products to agreed quality, standards and timescale.
- You'll review, accurate and completed test reports and contribute to evaluate test products primarily for safety, efficiency, fit for purpose and/or bespoke customer requirements.
I am looking for a Test engineer who enjoys managing multiple projects and has a drive for development as you’ll be given the opportunity to develop technical skills to work across a wide variety of laboratories, equipment and standards.
- Excellent in installing electrical systems
- Strong in communication skills
- Relevant knowledge of fire alarm systems
Likely Job Titles
Test Engineer, fire alarm engineer, electronic engineer, electrical technician
- Hemel Hempstead
- £35,000 - £45,000