Test Engineer (Sheffield)
£40 - £45 per hour
Are you a Test Engineer who can write and develop test procedures and support the testing process on traction motors and rolling stock systems?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Specialists are working with a client who are working on a ground-breaking rolling stock conversion project.
The aim of this role is to write and develop the test procedures and plans for several traction and rolling stock systems for a vehicle conversion project. You will be required to write and plan for testing, which includes identifying any specialist tooling or test boxes that will be required.
Key responsibilities & Tasks
Reporting to the Test Manager, the main responsibilities of the role holder include, but shall not be limited to
- Preparation of Test Plans, Specifications and Reports
- Development of test harnesses, scripts and test data
- Review of design documentation for suitability for testing
- Performance of testing both on and off site, in accordance with the relevant specifications and QA procedures
- Assessment of compliance with regards to product and QA requirements
- Assessment, procurement and utilisation of new test equipment and resources as required
- Timely identification and resolution of data issues
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a testing role
- A good understanding of modern testing philosophies, tools and methods
- Proven experience in developing and writing test procedures and plans
- Knowledge of Rail Systems and Standards
- Previous experience working on motor and traction systems for rail vehicles