Track Side Equipment Engineer (Plymouth)
Are you a Track side equipment engineer looking for the next opportunity?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Fleet Engineer for a global consultancy to work on behalf of one of their prestigious clients.
Our client is a recognised global service provider for a variety of industries is looking for a senior engineer (Technical track circuit) for one of their committed rail clients.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise (technical reviews, problem solving, design revisions, best practices) within the Track Circuit train detection function.
- Provide technical expertise and solutions with computer modelling
- Support regional projects and bids with expert knowledge of application of the product to ensure best practice
- Support technical leadership with guidance to the product owner and customers
- Support product compliance in other aspects of verification and validation
- Development decisions to allow delivery on time to required quality
- Technical responsibility for accuracy of assumptions made from input data and quality of output design
Qualifications & Key requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering
- Significant experience in the railway industry.
- Strong experience in simulation modelling of track circuits by means of specialized software and lab equipment: analysis of the existing track circuits, adaptation of the existing solutions to new requirements, new solutions development are desirable.
- Experience of characterisation measurements of the track circuit components.
- General knowledge of the companies products and solutions, experience of writing technical proposals for bids.
- Ability to perform technical design activities under minimal supervision
- Advanced PC user with strong knowledge of software utilities: MS Office, Mathcad, AutoCAD, SPICE, PSPICE.
- Skills such as knowledge of Primavera tool as a user (beneficial) and Financial knowledge, cash awareness represent an advantage.