Traffic Signalling Supervisor (Crawley)
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Are you an experienced traffic/Highway Engineer looking for the opportunity to join a global engineering business at the forefront of intelligent traffic systems? Joining as a Supervisor you will be responsible for leading a team of 10 working across the region installing new traffic assets and carrying out modifications on existing systems.
Ford & Stanley – The Engineering Specialists are looking for a Traffic Signal Supervisor to join their Client based in Crawley
Ford & Stanley are looking for a Supervisor to join my client's Intelligent Traffic business within the Surrey region. Working from their brand-new service Centre in Crawley, this exciting new role will be responsible for all new installation work and modification work to existing highways infrastructure including electrical testing and pre-commissioning activities. As a supervisor, you will also be responsible for organising and scheduling installation activities and have first-line management responsibility for Installation employees.
- Installation of traffic signal assets
- Complete electrical tests and pre-commissioning activities
- Liaising with customers and other contractors that may be on site
- Ensuring works are completed in accordance with the site specification
- Key contact for the customer for queries relating to the activity on site
- Review performance information related to employees and respond accordingly
- Ensure stock is booked accurately and available for installation activities
- Responsible for organising the activity of the installation team and sub-contractors on site
- Successful completion of mandatory NHSS training requirements
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
- Monitor and promote health and safety reporting processes within the team
- HNC / ONC/ City and Guilds or equivalent experience in electrical engineering or similar
- Must hold full UK Driving License
- Experience working on traffic signal equipment
- Experience of installation and testing of electrical equipment in an industrial environment
- Experience of maintaining electrical equipment in an industrial environment
- Experience of leading a team and responsible for health and safety site management
- £35,000 - £45,000