Train Planner (London)
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Specialists are currently working with a multi-award-winning business at the forefront of innovation within the rail industry.
Our client has been bought out by a large rail organisation to bring over their innovative ticketing platform to shake up the current UK ticketing market.
They currently need a Train Planner to manage the Track Access Contract ensuring all terms and conditions are adhered and to attend all pre-possession meetings to ensure possession/isolation is taken in a reasonable manner with least impact to train operations and customers.
- Delivery of short-term train planning activities including: Weekly Engineering Circular (WEC) submissions, Intranet and website updates, Special Traffic Notice (STN) production, Weekly Operating Notice (WON) production and public timetable production.
- Support preparations for meetings to discuss and finalise the Draft Period Possession Plan, ensuring that the best interests of the business are protected.
- Production of compliant short term traincrew diagrams; in accordance with Traincrew Agreements/Conditions of Service, Train Planning Compendium and TOC Rules of the Plan/Rules of the Route.
- Carry out rail replacement service activities relating to procurement, budget maintenance, liaison with Retail and day-to-day management of the rail replacement contract.
- Be the point of contact for the rail maintainer and for all access related programs.
- Review possession plans and approve or challenge possession/isolation limits in accordance with industry timeframes and best practice.
- On publication of the Weekly Operating Notices and Isolation Plans, check the details comply with the works requirements ensuring any errors are corrected.
- Review and approve late possession requests.
- Maintain a possession schedule and review and report on possession performance and utilisation.
- Be the point of contact between the Rail Maintainer and the Performance Compliance Manager where possessions have been overrun.
- Where required, provide support to the On-Time Improvement manager to ensure the on-time delivery of the Performance Improvement Plan.